Menu Bottom


Williamsburg (Massachusetts) Annual Reports of the Town Officers

The "district of Williamsburgh" was established by an Act of the Massachusetts General Court in April 1771, created by separating from the mother town of Hatfield, in Hampshire, Massachusetts. Officers were elected in the first town meeting on May 6, 1771. Williamsburg was incorporated as a town on August 23, 1775.

The Town Reports include the annual reports from the Selectmen, Treasurer, Town Clerk, Tax Collector, School Committee (sometimes issued and bound separately), Highway Department, Police Department, Fire Department, Library, and all town agencies and departments extant during the year. Each report has a table of contents. Departments and agencies have evolved and names have also changed over the years. The reporting beginning and end of reporting years are not consistent, and early reports do not always match the calendar year. The reports are identified by year the reporting period started.

This digital collection of Town Reports (1856 to date with gaps) was created from the comprehensive holdings of the Meekins Library, augmented by reports from the Williamsburg Town Clerk's Office and the Williamsburg Historical Society. The early reports are incomplete. Reports are complete from 1895 to date.

Please credit the Meekins Library, Williamsburg, Mass., Town Clerk, Williamsburg, Mass. or the Williamsburg (Mass.) Historical Society, as noted, as the original source of the item for all use.
 
1855 | 1858 | 1859 | 1861 | 1863 | 1869 | 1875 | 1879
1880 | 1884 | 1885 | 1886 | 1887 | 1888 | 1889
1891 | 1892 | 1893 | 1894

1895 - 1915          Please use the Slider guide for easier access to individual                                  years in multi-year Williamsburg Town Reports Volumes
1916 - 1930
1931 - 1940
1941 - 1950
1951 | 1952 | 1953 | 1954 | 1955 | 1956 | 1957 | 1958 | 1959
1960 | 1961 | 1962 | 1963 | 1964 | 1965 | 1966 | 1967 | 1968 | 1969
1970 | 1971 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1975 | 1976 | 1977 | 1978
1980 | 1981 | 1982 | 1983 | 1984 | 1985 | 1986 | 1987 | 1988 | 1989
1990 | 1991 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999
2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009
2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013


We welcome any additional information or questions you might have about an item in our collection. Please contact us

You can reach the Meekins archivist and librarians with questions about Meekins collections at: meekins@cwmars.org or 413-268-7472.